Pasta is a favourite family food. Kids love to have it at any time of the day. Pasta can be a sneaky way to make toddlers eat some healthy veggies. Try these 5 Healthy Pasta Recipes For Kids
1. Spinach Pasta
- A small bunch of fresh spinach
- 1 cup elbow pasta, cooked
- 1/2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp cream cheese
- 4 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- Heat a pan and add butter to it. Saute spinach in butter.
- Take spinach in a blender jar with milk and both the cheeses. Blend well.
- Toss pasta with spinach mixture and serve.
2. Chicken Pasta
- 8 oz pasta, cooked
- 4 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- Some mixed vegetables, chopped
- 2 stalks green onion, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- Heat oil in a pan and saute chicken. Add it to cooked pasta.
- Heat more oil in a pan and saute vegetables and spring onions together. Add the veggie mixture to pasta and chicken.
- Whisk soy sauce with sesame oil and pour over pasta mixture.
3. Broccoli Pasta
- 400g penne pasta, cooked
- 250g broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- 1 lemon zest
- ½ tsp dried chili flakes
- 5 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp parmesan, grated
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Boil broccoli in salted water for 4 minutes. Drain and mash.
- Add lemon zest, chili flakes and grated garlic to broccoli.
- Mix the broccoli mixture with pasta and add in lemon juice and olive oil.
- Season with salt and pepper. Serve after mixing in Parmesan cheese.
4. Pasta Omelette
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup mixed vegetables, cut into small pieces
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup grated cheese
- Heat oil in a pan and stir fry the vegetables. Add pasta and cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk eggs with milk, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture overcooking pasta. Let cook for 2 minutes.
- Flip the omelet over and cook from the other side.
5. Mix Veg Pasta
- 1/3 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 cup chopped potatoes
- 1/2 cup green peas
- 1/2 cup boiled chickpeas
- 1 cup penne or elbow pasta
- Chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Tomato juice
- Heat oil and saute onions. Add in the rest of the vegetables and stock.
- Cover and cook for 7 minutes.
- Add uncooked pasta, chickpeas, and tomato juice.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add more tomato juice or water if pasta starts turning dry and cook a little.
Did you like these pasta recipes for kids?
You may also like: