Who doesn’t freak out to see mosquito bites on his/her baby? The red bumpy skin those bites leave behind and knowing how itchy they can be is quite unbearable to my mamma mind.
Mosquitoes are there, be it any season of the year but especially when it gets warmer or when we travel to tropical places. That is why it could be quite handy to know a few tricks to protect our babies from mosquito bites.
You have to bring in few changes in the surroundings where you live.
- Keep your surrounding of the house clean free from unwanted shrubs and herbs. Mosquitoes make their home in the corners of these unwanted plants.
- Do not allow any stagnant water in and around your surroundings. Mosquitoes breed in stagnant water.
- Seal your house with nets and meshes. Get everything repaired. And make sure there is no space left for mosquitoes to get into the house.
- Maintain cleanliness and hygiene inside your house too. Babies or kids tend to make a lot of food mess. Always clean everything instantly or at least as soon as possible.
- Use cradle nets for your baby.
- Use mosquito patches that are really effective. There are some that can be stuck to the nets or baby’s clothes. Some repellents also come in the form of wrist band.
- Mosquito repellent sprays kills or gets rid of all the mosquitoes in the surrounding. Make sure your baby is nowhere near when you are using the spray. Let the spray disperse well before you bring your baby to that place.
- Make your baby wear a full covered night dresses.
- Use natural disinfectant and repellent ingredients in your baby’s room. Few of the repellents are citronella oil, eucalyptus oil. Soak cotton balls in these oils and place the cotton ball near the baby’s crib.
- Another natural and most common mosquito repellent is lemon and clove. Cut a lemon into half and place clove on top of lemon. Place the two under your baby’s cradle.
- Mosquito repellent body lotions. You have to be extra cautious while using such lotions. Using these products on small babies may not be a good idea.
- Avoid taking your baby out of the house during dusk time. This is the time when the mosquitoes are highly active.
- Use dettol or any other mild cloth disinfectants while washing your baby’s clothes. Baby’s clothes usually attracts mosquitoes.
You can even use Mamaearth Mosquito Repellent Natural Spray if you want to avoid a lot of harmful chemicals entering your home. Available on Amazon here
How have you been handling the mosquito problem in your house?
You may also like: