Last ten days my diet regime went for a toss and the reason is my hubby who had a long Christmas break. He is someone who never puts on weight and is neither is interested in healthy eating much. After one or two days he needs something interesting to eat and of course how much could this food lover resist so I too had my share of pooris and MC D’s and made excuses of going to the gym. The biggest excuse was of the chilling cold winter here.
I still managed to cook something healthy every now and then and sharing one soup recipe which has no butter or oil and tastes good. Although there is no denial to the fast that it tastes awesomely awesome with butter so those who don’t count calories can definitely try that.
Here we goes with the Broccoli soup recipe(For 2-3)
- 1 big bowl of Broccoli
- 1 onion chopped
- 2-3 garlic flakes
- tbsp butter/oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3-4 cups vegetable stock
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tbsp. water
Recipe Method & Preparation
- Chop broccoli head into small pieces and keep it aside.
- Take water and add finely chopped garlic and onions and saute them on medium flame till they are cooked and change their colour into light brown.
- To this add vegetable stock and finely chopped broccoli.Close the lid of the pan and cook for 10 minutes till broccoli becomes tender.
- After broccoli are cooked let the stock cool down and blend it into smooth puree.If you like chunky soup then you can avoid blending.
- Add milk , salt and black pepper into it and keep stirring so that milk doesn’t curdle up.
- Wait till the milk gets little thick.
Serve hot 🙂
Those who do not mind the calories
- You can saute the soup in 1tbsp. of oil/butter
- You can add cream in the end.
- I avoid adding corn flour in my soup but if you find the consistency of the soup little thin then dissolve 1-1/2 tsp. of corn flour in water and add it into the soup in the end and simmer for a while.
Broccoli In Weight Loss
High in vitamin C Broccoli helps in absorbing calcium which we eat and calcium helps in weight loss. Broccoli also helps in boosting immunity and protect against disease with this it is very low in calories too.
Broccoli for kids
Our babies follow us and that is the only way to get your kid use to all the healthy things which are following t themselves. When I made this soup I took out 1-2tbsp. for my 6-month-old baby. It had a bit of salt sane the black pepper and she liked it.
Hope you enjoyed the No Oil Recipe of Broccoli Soup 🙂
You may also like: