I had always been a very fussy mom and very particular that my kids eat healthily and homemade goodies. My kids are grown up now and have their own food choices… well those are not of my liking…. 🙁 All junk and processed. When they were small I used to make “Deshi ghee Naan Khatai” for them and make them eat those in place of packaged biscuits. Now when they are adults and I wish they make healthier food choices …. well basically my issue with them is about including oats in their diet. Tragically… they hate oats and I take it as a challenge to make them eat healthy oats by hook or by crook. So here is my way of accomplishing my mission.
I present a very healthy cookies recipe made with Multigrain Atta, oats, cornflakes and Brown Sugar.
- Atta- 1 cup
- Oats – 1/2 cup
- Cornflakes – 1 cup
- Brown Sugar – 1 cup
- Butter – 200 g
- Jam – 2 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Milk – 2-3 tsp
- Vanilla essence
- Mix Atta, brown sugar and baking powder first.
- Add in Corn flakes and Oats well with hands crushing corn flakes.
- Bring butter at room temperature and mix well with fingers so that the dough looks crumbly.
- Add vanilla essence and knead well ( not like Roti dough, just mix well to bring all ingredient together) adding a bit of milk if required.
- The mixture should neither soft and sticky nor hard.
- Grease your palm lightly and make small balls.
- Press and place on the baking tray to micro high for 3-5 minutes.
- If you want the cookies crunchier then increase micro time. (I baked 12 cookies in one go for 4-5 mnts.)
- Before those cookies cool down pat a drop of Jam on top.
- Let the cookies cool down and serve your little ones with a glass of milk in the evening .
- Pack those round beauties in lunch box and see the smile on those innocent faces.
Are you going to bake these easy but healthy home made oats cornflakes cookies for your little ones?