Giving a bath to your newborn is always special and increases your attachment with the baby though your baby might not like it initially. Some babies enjoy warm water bath other may take some time to get accustomed to. Generally, it is advisable to use lukewarm water to give a bath to your newborn.
At what time I should give bath to my new born
The best time is daytime when the weather is warm and you are not expecting any interruption in between. It’s best if your baby is fully awake and make sure you do not change the bath time of your baby very often after a couple of days your baby will get accustomed to daily bath and will enjoy.
- Always use products made for babies
- Always keep one hand on your baby
- While changing if possible use safety strap
- Advisable to take help while giving bath to your baby
- If possible do not use bath tub ( I mean the adult ones)
- Do not leave your baby alone
- Do not apply soap directly on your babies face
- Do not use cold water
How to give your baby a clean bath
- Make sure the place is warm and less airy
- Keep all necessary bath materials like soap, water, towel , clothes etc are kept at one place
- Check the warmth of the water and slowly pour some water on your baby below the neck only
- Use mild soap do not apply soap directly on your baby’s head or face
- Once you have clearly washed you baby below neck apply very mild soap on you babies head and face make sure neither water nor soap gets into your babies eyes
- Rinse your baby properly and wipe it with a clean towel hold your baby carefully as they are more likely to slip when they get wet
- Rap your baby well and pat her/him dry well apply baby moisturizer and telecom powder on his/her neck than dipper and dress him/her well
Most of us believe that Jhonson and Jhonson products are safest but they, unfortunately, are not. Pediatricians don’t recommend Jhonson products at all.
Some of the safe products for a newborn as follow:-
Mothercare all we know baby oil – contains olive oil and chamomile extract. The combination helps in keeping your baby’s skin soft and chamomile extract relaxes the baby.It really relaxes the baby and is not too heavy on the skin. It cost $21.99 and can be bought from here
You may also like: Mothercare All We Know Baby Talc Review
One should not use talcum powder on babies. You can use detailed review posts done by Mary here. Talcum powder can create breathing problems in babies which can harm them. For better health of your child use liquid talc which is available here
Always remember your baby can be sensitive than your imagination pay special attention to his/her need and use products that suit her/him the best though baby products are chemical-free if you notice any side effect consult a child specialist always remember that lovely smile on your babies face is worth everything.
Do you have tips to bathe a newborn?